24/7 Freephone: 0800 294 4440

  1. Home
  2. reporting

Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995

Reporting accidents and ill health at work is a legal requirement. The information enables the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and local authorities, to identify where and how risks arise, and to investigate serious accidents.

If you are an employer, self-employed or in control of premises, you have a duty to report some accidents and incidents at work under RIDDOR (the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995).

To report quickly, easily, and in confidence, just call the HSE Incident Contact Centre (ICC) on: 0845 300 9923 (Monday to Friday 8.30 am – 5.00 pm).

The HSE advisers will help you make a report over the phone. They will send you a copy of the completed form for your own records and you will have the opportunity to correct any errors or omissions. Your report will then be passed on to the relevant enforcing authority.

For more information about RIDDOR reporting or to report online or by e-mail, just visit www.hse.gov.uk/riddor/index.htm

By post, Incident Contact Centre, Caerphilly Business Park, Caerphilly CF83 3GG.

It’s as easy as that!

You must report:

  • Deaths.
  • Major injuries.
  • Over-3-day injuries – where an employee or self-employed person is away from work or unable to perform their normal work duties for more than 3 consecutive days.
  • Injuries to members of the public or people not at work, where they are taken from the scene of an accident to hospital.
  • Some work-related diseases.
  • Some dangerous occurrences – a near miss, where something happens that does not result in an injury, but could have done.
  • Gas Safe-registered gas fitters must also report dangerous gas fittings they find, and gas conveyors/suppliers must report some flammable gas incidents.
  • It is advisable to ring and report the incident as soon as possible, by calling the ICC. Alternatively, online or e-mail forms can also be completed 24 hours a day.
  • Deaths, major injuries and dangerous occurrences must be notified without delay, however only the following need to be notified out of normal working hours.
  • Fatal accidents at work.
  • Accidents where several workers have been seriously injured.
  • Accidents resulting in serious injury to a member of the public.
  • Accidents and incidents causing major disruption, such as evacuation of people, closure of roads, large numbers of people going to hospital etc.
  • Over-3-day injuries must be reported within ten days.

For more information about reporting, visit www.hse.gov.uk/riddor/index.htm or call the ICC on 0845 300 9923

At Slingsby we offer Industrial & Commercial Equipment

With FREE Next Day Delivery* on all stock lines.

  • The right products at the right price
  • Delivery when you want it
  • Friendly technical support
  • 12 months warranty